You may want to evaluate the use of teach-back in your setting.
Some strategies used by others include:
- Changes in self-reported use of teach-back by healthcare workers over time.
- Changes in client knowledge about their condition, before and after teach-back is used.
- Decreases in readmission rates for issues where client understanding of self-management is paramount.
- Peer observation of how individual staff use teach-back.
- Chart audit to see how many times teach-back is being documented.
- Changes in satisfaction surveys of clients or caregivers.